Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo interlude

I didn't go anywhere interesting today. Nothing much came in today that I heard about--maybe a few more Black-and-White Warblers out on the Point--so here's a few recent photos I haven't put on the blog already.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Cedar Waxwing, Central Park
Cedar Waxwings, I love their little pot bellies.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; White-Throated Sparrow, Central Park
It's easy to overlook what a good-looking bird a White-Throated Sparrow is.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Pine Warbler, Central Park

The drab Pine Warbler that spent most of the winter in the Ramble hasn't been seen in a while. I guess that's another story whose ending I'll never know.


Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Baltimore Oriole, Central Park

We're still seeing the Baltimore Orio;les who overwintered near Evodia, though. I assume this male will have his pick of the best nesting areas, since there won't be any others for another week or two yet.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Ring-Necked and Mallard ducks, Upper Lobe of Central Park Lake

I wonder if this Ring-Necked drake I saw the other week is the one who was on the Reservoir during the winter. That one liked to pal arounmd with Mallards, too.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Red-Bellied Woodpecker, Central Park
The "kwirr!" call of the Red-Bellied Woodpecker is a common sound in the Ramble now.

No comments:

Post a Comment