Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Prattsville trip, part one

We had a lovely weekend at our friend's place in Prattsville NY. I was up before 6am each day, which has left me needing a rest, but was quite fun.

The meadow in front of the house was full of singing Common Yellowthroats and Chipping Sparrows. There were quite a number of Chestnut-sided Warblers as well, and in the trees at the east end of the meadow was this singing Prairie Warbler.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Prairie Warbler singing, Prattsville NY
Sing it, baby!

I'll have more to say about the trip when I've caught up on my sleep--there were Bobolinks!--but for now I'll leave you with this pleasant scene of a Tree Swallow feeding its nestling.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Tree Swallow feeding nestling, Hobart NY
Awwwwww

That nest box was in nearby Hobart, home of a half-dozen nice used bookstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment