Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pine Warbler reported in Central Park

In keeping with the name of the blog, I am happy to share with you a rumor of a warbler. On Sunday, Angus Wilson reported a Pine Warbler on ebird. Marie Winn's blog ran a slightly expanded version of Angus' report: "Around 1:30 this afternoon, I noticed a dull-colored PINE WARBLER feeding appropriately enough in a pine close to the King Jagiello (Poland) Monument in Central Park. It flew south towards the Maintenance Meadow."

That's the same behavior I saw in my first warbler of the year on January 3, a bird I IDed as an extraordinarily dull Yellow-Rumped Warbler. I doubt it's the same bird. Surely somebody would have seen it in between.

Anyway, there you have it. Warbler! Six weeks from now or so, we'll be covered in them. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment