Monday, January 6, 2014

Peregrine Falcon, Manhattan College (Bronx NY)

I went up to Riverdale in the Bronx today to visit my aunt, who is in a nursing home recovering from a hip replacement. The walk down Manhattan College Parkway was very pleasant despite the intermittent rain, woods on the other side of the road. A mockingbird flew across the street.

I detoured through a small park, Brust Park. A Red-Bellied Woodpecker called and I scanned the trees until I spotted it. When I emerged back on the street, Blue Jays screamed in the distance. I looked across at the buildings of the Manhattan College campus. The cupola of one building seemed...a little lopsided.

Ed Gaillard: recent &emdash; Peregrine Falcon, Manhattan College, Bronx NY

I pulled out my binoculars, and saw there was a Peregrine Falcon perched.

Ed Gaillard: recent &emdash; Peregrine Falcon, Manhattan College, Bronx NY

I watched for a while and photographed. The jays continued screaming, at a great distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment