Friday, January 17, 2014

Brown Creeper chaser

In the tradition of Boing Boing's "Unicorn Chasers", here's a Brown Creeper:

Ed Gaillard: recent &emdash; Brown Creeper, Central Park

The two very confiding creepers were at Evodia today, and also two Black-Capped Chickadees, which I think is the first time I've seen two in the same place this winter. They were flying back and forth between the Gill source path and the westernmost feeder at Evodia, and quite talkative.

I didn't get good photos of them, because the focusing on my Panasonic GX7 kept refusing to settle on them. On the plus side, once the focus grabbed onto a tree ten or fifteen yards away, and showed be the four Cedar Waxwings roosting there. That wasn't a good photo either, but it was my 61st species in New York County this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment