Thursday, February 23, 2017

Awesome Majesty

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Turkey Vulture, Loxahatchee NWR, Florida
not a good sign

I have no particular point here, just showing some more photos from Florida. This Turkey Vulture buzzed me a couple of time while I was walking around Loxahatchee Refuge. It had been a longish hike, and I was flagging a little, but I felt that the bird was a being a bit presumptuous.

Ed Gaillard: recent &emdash; Alligator, Florida
don't walk on that log!

At Wakodahatchee Wetlands Park, this alligator waited patiently for a mistake.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Cattle Egret, Florida
marching to his own beat

Nearby, some Cattle Egrets flew right up on the boardwalk railing. No fear at all.

Ed Gaillard: birds &emdash; Wood Stork, Florida
yikes!

A Wood Stork flew right past me at Green Cay. Quite startling; they are surprisingly quick. I was lucky to get any kind of shot at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment